- 1 Registrant Type
- 2 Activity Selector
- 3 Profile
- 4 Review
- 5 Confirmation
* New and returning volunteers, please select "Register Now" to get started.
Thank you for your interest in making a difference in the life of a child. More than simply reading with a child, you will help your student gain the key foundational skills they need to become a proficient reader and confident learner.
Minimum requirements to volunteer.
- You must be 14-years or older
- Commit to as little as one hour a week
Volunteering generally takes place M-Th, 9 am-5 pm
- Pass a background check if 18-years or older
Reading Partners will provide you with:
- A highly effective, easy-to-use curriculum
- In-person training and on-site support
- The opportunity to make a difference in a child's life
Ready to get started?
We hope to get you started volunteering as soon as possible, since many students are waiting to be matched with a volunteer tutor like you. To begin the process, click "register now" to create your account and select your volunteer options. All new volunteers will be required to complete an orientation session and volunteers 18-years or older must complete a background check. This process generally takes about 2-4 weeks before being matched and introduced to your student.
If you already have an account, please login to review your selections and update your information.
If you have questions or concerns before signing up, or if you would prefer to register with the help of one of our staff members, then please contact us at volunteerLA@readingpartners.org or (213) 399-8599.